More free resources!
Choices in Childbirth produces an incredible Guide to a Healthy Birth, and their latest edition was just made available here. The guide is free and you can order one online. It is an amazing resource for pregnant women and their families, childbirth educators, doulas, and care providers. There are national and New York City versions of the guide, but both include the following topics:
- Becoming a New Mother: A Doorway for Transformation – Sheryl Paul, MA
- Choices in Childbirth’s 5 Steps to a Healthy Birth
- Questions to Ask Your Care Provider
- Lessons Learned: A Tale of Four Births – Leta Hamilton
- Impact of Doulas
- What Is Shared Decision Making? – Amy Romano, CNM
- Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping
- Know Your Legal Rights
- Insurance Coverage for Midwifery Care
- US Cesarean Section Rates by State or at NYC Metro Hospitals
- Low-Cost Options for Care – Ekua Ansah-Samuels
- Protecting Your Pregnancy from Harmful Toxins
- Eating for Two – Rachelle LaCroix Malik, RD
- Is Home Birth for You?
- Unhurrying the Moment of Birth – Mary Esther Malloy, MA
- Supporting Initiation of Breastfeeding
- CIMS Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative
I’ll be ordering mine today!